Health & Safety Protocols
As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and staff remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure your safety and provide a pleasurable dining experience. We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with recommendations provided by our County Health Department and will continue to update this page as changes are made. Our restaurant operating procedures are posted at our front entrance so you can see how we are operating safely. DOWNLOAD A COPY OF OUR SAN DIEGO COUNTY OPERATING PROTOCOLS
Below is an overview of the safety protocols we have in place (Updated: 1/6/2021):
CURRENT CLOSURES & CHANGE IN HOURS OF OPERATION:
• Currently closed.
• Currently closed for breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekend Brunch.
• Curbside take-out service has been temporarily suspended until further notice.
CLEANLINESS & SANITATION:
Working in partnership with Ecolab and Waxie, our cleaning and sanitation providers, NINE-TEN has developed a program that will introduce a new standard of restaurant and kitchen cleanliness and disinfection to ensure our guests enjoy an even cleaner and safer visit. Additionally, we have integrated elements into our practices from the American Hotel Motel Association Stay Safe, California Lodging Association CLEAN + SAFE, National Restaurant Association and San Diego County Health Department protocols. We have built upon our already high standards of cleanliness augmenting with hospital-grade cleaning products. Our protocols include:
• During each shift, one employee will be designated for routine sanitation, cleaning and disinfection of public areas.
• Enhanced disinfection of the top high-touch areas including door handles, tables, chairs, handrails, point-of-sale terminals and countertops.
EMPLOYEE HEALTH & SAFETY:
• All employees have gone through extensive training on COVID-19, transmission risks, and behavioral changes to protect themselves and our guests, as well as other guidelines outlined by local and state health officials.
• All employees are temperature checked upon arrival at work each day and answer screening questions helping to ensure your safety.
• All employees will be required to use company-issued personal protective equipment including face masks, gloves, eyewear and/or face shield.
CHANGES TO THE GUEST EXPERIENCE:
When dining at NINE-TEN, you will notice some changes to your experience. We ask for your help in a few areas:
• Please stay home if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, such as cough, fever, or difficulty breathing or shortness of breath.
• Guests will be required to wear face coverings at all times while in the restaurant, including when seated at a table before the meal is served and after the meal is finished.
• Please wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer before entering. Guest-accessible, touch-free hand sanitizing stations are available at the entrance.
• Please provide 6 feet of space to other guests in all dining areas and lobby area. Spacing marks on the floor will advise you of physical distancing in high traffic areas. Please do not congregate while waiting for table.
• While using the elevator, please limit occupancy to those with whom you are dining. Stairs are also provided.
• Dining tables have been reconfigured to provide for social distancing.
• We have removed all re-usable products and will be using single-use menus.
• Advance reservations are recommended. We are only accepting parties up to 8 guests. These can be made by telephone at 858.964.5400 or online at www.nine-ten.com.
VALET PARKING PROTOCOLS:
• Valet staff should not open car doors.
• Valet staff will sanitize door handles, steering wheels, shift levers and keys. And will operate with vehicles while wearing face masks and gloves.
• Gloves will be changed after every vehicle.
We appreciate very much your support and patronage of NINE-TEN Restaurant & Bar and we look forward to making your dining experience as safe and as memorable as possible. Should you have any questions about our health and safety protocols, please contact us 858.964.5400.
Sincerely, Terrence Underwood General Manager